Many people go to their local massage centers for treatment of their soft tissue-based injuries but have no idea what they are getting. Patients of Velocity have the benefit of having doctor-guided treatment by highly qualified massage therapists.
Massage therapy can provide many benefits, such as:
- Improved range of motion and decreased discomfort associated with tension
- Relaxation of injured and overused muscles
- Reduced muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased joint flexibility
- Assist in recovery from strenuous workouts
- Pain relief from migraines
- Reduce post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduced scar tissue
- Increased circulation
- Stimulation of the lymph system, the body’s natural defense against toxic invaders
- Release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller
Patients can schedule for a whole body tune up or a regional specific treatment.
Insurance may be able to be utilized for this care.
The therapists at Velocity Sports Medicine have additional educational hours in specialized treatment of soft tissue-based injury. They have countless hours training in patient care and the highest level of hands-on care.